Days since MCO

MCO started on Mar 18, 2020

DAYS

Days till RMCO lifted

RMCO expected to lift on Aug 31, 2020

DAYS

Our coverage on COVID‑19

5 things that make the Huawei P20 Pro a standout from the rest

Huawei P20 Pro

This post is brought to you by Huawei.

A smartphone is a very personal device but if you take a look around, there’s very little to distinguish one from another. It gets even tougher when most smartphone these days are going for thinner bezels.

With the P20 Pro, Huawei is not only pushing for better hardware but they aim to stand out with its own unique exterior. Instead of using the usual shade of colours and candybar designs, Huawei has taken a completely different approach for its greatest smartphone yet.

Twilight is one of a kind

In search for something truly unique, Huawei’s design team had turned to nature. More specifically, Aurora Borealis, a specular natural light display which is better known as the Northern Lights.

Mimicking its colour shifting properties, the Huawei P20 Pro in Twilight comes with a special gradient paintjob that’s sure to attract attention. If you take a closer look, the colour of its hardened glass transitions from purple to blue to green, which is something you won’t find on other smartphones.

Designed to look like a digital camera

The Huawei P20 Pro has one of the most sophisticated camera setups on a smartphone. Despite having a triple-camera combo, Huawei has kept things clean and simple with its minimalistic design.

To give an impression of a point and shoot camera, the Huawei and Leica branding, as well as the triple-camera array, are placed horizontally when held in landscape. This is the most common orientation for taking photos. Unlike other smartphones, there are no overbearing camera bumps and it looks more elegant this way.

SEE ALSO:  Majority of iPhone users are on the latest version of iOS, only 8.2% of Android users are on Android 10

Huawei has also kept the rear clutter free and only 20% of the back is used to house the camera components and branding. Even the fingerprint sensor is moved to the front and that leaves a large 80% of space for its gradient back to shine through.

Symmetrical Design

A flagship smartphone must feel as good as it looks. This is Huawei’s most refined device yet with more curved surfaces and minimal sharp edges. It’s easy to make a great smartphone but it’s tougher to achieve symmetrical unibody design. Huawei had to overcome technical challenges to get the best placements for the camera bump, ports, buttons and speaker grill. When you hold the P20 Pro, it feels just right and curved glass makes It feel premium to touch.

Incredible 40MP camera with 3X Optical Zoom

The Huawei P20 Pro with its LEICA co-engineered cameras are always ready to capture the moment. Not only it has a higher pixel count, the main RGB camera has a large 1/1.7 inch image sensor which is almost double the size of typical smartphone camera sensors. This enables it to capture more details and it excels in low light situations by combining 4 pixels into a single superpixel.

This is further enhanced by its secondary 20MP black and white camera which also provides a dramatic bokeh effect to your portrait shots. The P20 Pro camera also has the highest low light sensitivity at ISO 102,400. This is as high as a professional DSLR like a Canon EOS 5D MkIV.

If you need to get closer to the action, the P20 Pro also features a 3X Optical Zoom using its 8MP camera. To take things up a notch, it can provide 5X Lossless hybrid zoom with the additional details captured from its 20MP monochrome sensor. The P20 Pro is currently the highest rated camera on DxOMark Mobile, beating other flagship smartphones with a score of 109.

SEE ALSO:  Report: UK government U-turns, planning to remove Huawei 5G tech now

Capture Professional Photos at anytime

A great camera hardware is only as good as its experience. To make every shot a perfect one, the Huawei P20 Pro features Master AI which helps to select the best settings for a variety of situations. It’s capable of identifying more than 500 scenarios in 19 categories in real time thanks to its AI-driven Kirin 970 processor.

Even in low light scenery, the P20 Pro also uses AI to capture blur-free photos in challenging situation. The P20 Pro’s AIS (AI Image Stabilisation) allows you to capture sharp long exposure shots without needing a tripod. This is a truly a breakthrough in night photography.

With a Huawei P20 Pro in your hand, there’s no need to tinker with pro manual settings. Just launch the camera and let the power of Master AI do the work for you. You’ll be surprised with what you can capture on a smartphone.

The Huawei P20 Pro is currently priced at RM3,112 with 0% GST. The unique Twilight option is now available nationwide and it also comes in Black and Midnight Blue.