Celcom has just announced that they will be implementing new upgrades on their billing system in order to provide a better customer service experience. The upgrades will affect some of the services for two days.
The upgrading service will begin on the 20th of May 2018 (Sunday) from 8.00am till 21st of May 2018 (Monday), 6.00am. During the upgrading process, some of these services will be temporarily unavailable.
- All payment channels.
- Online Customer Service, Celcom business portal, Celcom Online Store and the Mobile app.
- New postpaid registration and Mobile Number Portability (MNP) requests will only be process after 21st May 2018, 6am.
- Request for change of plans, change of SIM card and Value Added Services.
On the 21st May 2018, Celcom users might also face some of these service interruptions.
- Unable to receive calls and SMS up to a maximum of 15 minutes between 4.00am – 6.00am.
- Unable to receive in-coming calls and SMS for postpaid customers abroad on roaming up to a maximum of four hours between 4.00am to 8.00am (Malaysia Time). Customers in Malaysia and on roaming abroad are still able to make outgoing calls, send SMS and utilise mobile data during the upgrade.
All interrupted services should be restored upon the completion of the upgrade. If you are still facing issues after the upgrade timeframe, you are advised to restart your mobile devices.
Through this upgrade, Celcom will be consolidating multiple bills system into one single converged system. The upgrade will pave way for Celcom to provide services like real-time charges and credit control services which will provide a better-personalized telco experience.
This upgrade exercise may affect all postpaid and prepaid customers who were registered before 29 January 2018 and didn’t perform any change of plans after 29 January 2018. This excludes those who have registered under GB Share Plan and Celcom Business Plans (Business S/M/L).
Azwan Khan Osman Khan, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Business Operations of Celcom Axiata Berhad states that the whole upgrading process has been carefully planned and scheduled to minimise the service interruptions.
If you have queries regarding the billing upgrade, you can reach the Celcom Customer Service Consultants by dialling 1111 from any Celcom line locally, *123# from abroad, or 019- 601 1111 from other telcos.