OnePlus has announced that OxygenOS 11 is now officially rolling out for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. Based on Android 11, the latest software update from the company has been through a series of developer previews and beta releases—and now, the official version is being rolled out for the company’s flagship series, the OnePlus 8.
Some key features that you can expect are some new UI design elements, a Game Space with added improvements for gamers, as well as an Always-On function (finally). There’s also a dedicated Dark Mode switch now, along with a new Zen Mode—and all of Android 11’s new features such as Nearby Share and new privacy enhancements.
Additionally, OnePlus has confirmed that OxygenOS 11 will be coming to the OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7 Pro. OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6, and OnePlus Nord. However, an official date for these models hasn’t been confirmed for now.
Before you update to OxygenOS 11, ensure that your battery level is above 30 percent, with a minimum of 3GB of available storage required.
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimisations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimised stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Displsy
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customisation > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customisation > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customise time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimised, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
OnePlus 8 owners, how has OxygenOS 11 been for you? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
[ SOURCE ]