As announced by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) last week, restrictions for selected sectors will be lifted in phases during the third phase of the movement control order (MCO). Harvey Norman has revealed that they have been granted approval to open during the MCO and it is applicable to 14 stores in Peninsular Malaysia.
According to Harvey Norman, shoppers can buy purchase essential electrical appliances and computers at the following locations starting today:
- Harvey Norman IPC Flagship Store
- Harvey Norman Mid Valley Superstore
- Harvey Norman IOI City Mall Superstore
- Harvey Norman Citta Mall Factory Outlet
- Harvey Norman Aeon Bukit Tinggi
- Harvey Norman Ampang Point Shopping Centre
- Harvey Norman Pavilion
- Harvey Norman Setia City Mall
- Harvey Norman Sunway Pyramid
- Harvey Norman Sunway Velocity Mall
- Harvey Norman Queensbay Mall
- Harvey Norman Toppen Shopping Centre
- Harvey Norman Mid Valley Southkey Superstore
- Harvey Norman Aeon Kota Bharu
During the MCO period, they are only operating between 10am to 7pm daily. To ensure a safe shopping environment, they also urge customers to adhere to safe distancing measures and to use cashless payment options.
Similar to supermarkets during the MCO, Harvey Norman will also conduct temperature checks at the entrance and they also encourage shoppers to use face mask and gloves.
MITI grants selected sectors to reopen
Since Monday, MITI has been accepting applications from eligible sectors that are permitted to open. Among the permitted sectors include automotive, machinery and equipment, aerospace, construction, hardware shops, electrical and electronic shops and optometrists. Businesses must receive approvals before they can operate.
The announcement had attracted criticism as it initially permitted barbers and optometry shops to reopen. Following the advice of the health director-general and public backlash, the Prime Minister had ordered that all barbers, hair salon and optometry shops must remain closed during the MCO period.
[ SOURCE ]