Not long after announcing that they’ve designed face shields for medical workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, Apple has published assembly instructions for anyone who may eventually use them on their site.
Apple CEO Tim Cook mentions in the announcement video that the shields pack flat, and one box contains one hundred pieces of face shields. The compact packaging saves space, but some assembly is definitely required which is why Apple also packs in-box instructions as well.
If you’d rather learn how to assemble Apple’s face shields through GIFs and a video, here’s how to do it—just in case you get your hands on some:
1. Remove thin protective films from the face shield and forehead band by peeling from either edge. Either side can act as the front.
2. Align your preferred slots on the face shield and forehead band
3. Thread the strap through the slots and pull to adjust
4. Repeat on other side, and then adjust your face shield
5. Wear the face shield in addition to other personal protective equipment
They also mentioned that you can clean and reuse your shield, and it is compatible with 70% Ethanol, 70% Isopropyl Alcohol, 6% Bleach* (though it may leave a residue on the shield itself), and 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.
Apple has already shipped the face shields to medical workers in Santa Clara, California. Currently, they are planning to ship more than a million shields each this week to areas in the U.S., but hope to quickly expand distribution elsewhere in the world.
[ SOURCE ]