Days since MCO

MCO started on Mar 18, 2020


Days till RMCO lifted

RMCO expected to lift on Aug 31, 2020


Our coverage on COVID‑19

This RM1,699 smartphone has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage

Nubia pulled an interesting rabbit out of their hat when the company announced their brand new flagship smartphone, the Nubia Z17. It had all the juicy specs plus a few cool tricks up its sleeve which made it rather exciting when the company said it would land in Malaysia this month.

Well, that day hasn’t come yet but the ZTE sub brand is bringing in another interesting new device. It’s called the Z17 mini and if you’ve read the headline, you know it packs quite a punch.

Nubia Malaysia is now accepting pre-orders for the Z17 mini and will continue to do so until the 31st of August. While the Z17 mini will usually retail for RM1,699, if you pre-order the smartphone during this period, you’ll be able to pick it up for RM1,599 instead. But that’s not all, Nubia is also throwing in a bunch of goodies.

These include a tempered glass screen protector and leather case worth RM199, the Nubia Smartphone Premium Protection Plan (which covers broken display, water damage and total damage) worth RM299.

For those who are unfamiliar with this 5.2-inch handset, you should know that it’s got a Full HD display up front plus a Snapdragon 653 octa-core processor inside mated to 6GB of RAM and a whopping 128GB of internal storage. What’s more, this storage can be further expanded via a microSD card for up to an additional 200GB of space. Keeping the lights on is a 2,950 mAh battery while a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner keeps access easy when pulling it out of your pocket. Probably the biggest bummer about it is that the dual-SIM phone comes running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

SEE ALSO:  Apps stealing Facebook passwords?? | ICYMI #365

In the event you want to whip out your phone to grab that sick shot of a pigeon taking flight, you can do so with the smartphone’s dual-camera shooter at the back. It consists of two 13-megapixel Sony IMX258 sensors with f/2.2 aperture lenses where one does colour while the other shoots in monochrome. In front, you also get a 16-megapixel selfie-shooter with an f/2.0 aperture lens.

All of that is wrapped nicely up in a body that Nubia says is 97% metal — what the remaining 3% is made up of is left up to your imagination. In any case, the smartphone looks pretty good and the pre-order units will come in this rather sexy Aurora Blue colour.

Interested? You can place your orders now at the Nubia Malaysia online store, or through local e-commerce sites like Lazada, Shopee, 11street and DirectD. Want a physical shop? You can also head to any authorised Nubia Malaysia dealers nationwide.