If I were to pick a theme for tech in 2016, it would be creating immersion. Everything from smartphones, cameras and the development of virtual reality has all been about giving the user (that’s us!) the most amount of immersion possible.
With how popular VR and 360-degree got over the course of the year, there’s no doubt that many of you are interested in trying your hand at creating and sharing such content. But which 360-degree camera do you get? If I were to buy one, it would definitely be the Samsung Gear 360. Here’s why.
Samsung Gear 360 specifications:
- Dual CMOS 15-megapixel super wide-angle lenses that shoot in 195-degrees.
- f/2.0 aperture lenses
- MicroSD card slot
- Removable 1350 mAh battery
- MicroUSB port
- IP53 splash and dust resistance
- Up to 3840×1920 at 30fps video
- 30-megapixel still photos
- Bluetooth 4.1
- WiFi 802.11ac and WiFi Direct
- Compatible with Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, Note5, S7, S7 edge with Samsung Gear 360 Manager app
- Compatible with PC via Gear 360 ActionDirector software