Sony Ericsson has announced its global roll out of their Android 2.3.4 update. The update is offered the following Xperia models:
- Xperia arc
- Xperia PLAY
- Xperia neo
- Xperia mini
- Xperia mini pro
- Xperia pro
- Xperia ray
- Xperia active
- Xperia neo V
- Xperia arc S
- Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman
- Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia™ functionality for enhanced like, share and discover abilities.
- Xperia™ smartphones introducing world’s first 3D Sweep Panorama functionality powered by Sony.
- 16x video zoom
- The software upgrade will enable consumers to turn their Xperia™ smartphone into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson LiveDock™ multimedia station. Connect the smartphone to a TV via HDMI to get a big screen experience.
- Gesture input – text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next
- WiFi DLNA
- Screen capture – allows the user to share a screen grab from anywhere in the phone.
The update was initially rolled out to users at the Nordic but now it is available for the rest of the world including users in Malaysia.
Update: A number of commenters have been asking how to receive the latest update for their Sony Ericsson device. First, make sure that your device is eligible for an update (check the list above). If your device is eligible, please note that the update is being rolled out in stages so some of you might get it a later than others. Just make sure you set your phone to detect updates automatically and you should get the Android 2.3.4 update eventually. Lastly, check out the video below for a walk-through on how to ensure that you get the update. Good luck.
Thanks @fizie76 for the heads up!