Maxis today has revealed its upgraded new package for home wireless internet that runs on their 3G Network. The new packages offer double the internet data quota with free pre-bundled voice thrown in.
There are 3 plans available at 4GB, 20GB and 48GB with monthly subscription fees of RM59, RM99 and RM169 respectively. In terms of pre-bundled calls, they are giving 100 minutes for 4GB, 200 minutes on 20GB plan and 300 minutes for its highest 48GB. Excess calls are charged at 10sen/min.
While the generous data quota looks good, do take note that Maxis implements time slots for each respective quota. Bulk of the quota of 75% is allocated between 2AM-8AM daily. That leaves only 25% quota during the peak 18 hours between 8AM until 2AM. So if you plan to make huge downloads, you have to schedule them in the early hours of the morning.
If you need more data quota, Maxis also offer top ups which varies depending on time slot. During the peak hours of 8AM-2AM, they charge 1GB for RM18 while off peak hours of 2AM-8AM they are offering 5GB for just RM15.
All plans are tied with 12 months contract and there’s a RM100 activation fee required during sign up. Subscribers will get a home wireless modem & cordless dect phone for free.
For more information, head over to Maxis home wireless internet.
Maxis has finally revealed its new reduced monthly mobile internet plans. Just recently, most Maxis subscribers with mobile internet plans were bumped with higher data quota for free. The most recent we’ve seen is existing 500MB subscribers at RM58/month are upgraded to 1.5GB/month.
Comparing the new rates with the previous one, the 500MB and 3GB plans are reduced by RM20. The 1.5GB option is currently missing form the table but there’s a new 1GB option at RM48/month. Another plan that’s missing is the 6GB option at RM98/month. Overall, the reductions are pretty good which saves you RM240/year.
Maxis still charges excess fee if you exceed your monthly quota but the rates are now cheaper at 30sen per MB. Previously it was charged at 10sen per 10KB which is about RM10 per MB. For more information, head over to Maxis Mobile Internet section.
Maxis has announced a Facebook offer for its 6GB 3G broadband package. From the usual RM98/month, it is now offered for RM88/month for 12 months. For the first 50 that sign up will get to enjoy RM100 waiver for activation fee, free modem and a notebook sling bag. For RM88, that works out to RM14.67 per GB which is among the cheapest rates for mobile broadband under RM100/month. This offer is valid until 18th September 2011.
To sign up, Maxis subscribers can SMS “YES” to 21234 while non-subscribers can drop an email to [email protected] with the title “WBB Facebook Offer”.
For comparison of broadband cost, don’t forget to check out our comparison guide.
Maxis just announced that it will pump in an impressive RM1.4 biliion to expand its 3G coverage by 20% this year.
The expansion will extend the telco’s 3G network coverage to 80% of the population by year end. As it stands, the it’s 3G network have about 60% of the population covered.
Mark Dioguardi, the Executive Vice President and Head of Network and Technology at Maxis said that the telco has a measurably bettter network in terms of call quality, coverage and the browsing performance.
Maxis indicated that there is now a significant shift in the way its subscribers are using its network, where about 70% its traffic is purely data. Maxis expects this number to grow to 80% by the end of the year. Speculation: Is Maxis making way for more data hungry devices like the iPad?