By Alexander Wong | 19 Comments
By Alexander Wong | 10 Comments
If you’re a fan of music and are a U Mobile customer, 2017 is going to be a pretty awesome year for you because the orange telco just launched Unlimited Ideas and are sponsoring four major concerts this year:
Urbanscapes, Upfront, Good Vibes Fest and Ed Sheeran’s highly anticipated Malaysian tour. Here are some of the goodies you can get as a U Mobile subscriber.
Urbanscapes has been a popular festival of art and music. The festival often features incredible acts from international bands as well as a strong showing from our local heroes. This year, the headline acts include British band Clean Bandit, alternative rock outfit Mew, Yellow Fang and Kyoto Protocol.
Here’s what you can get as a U Mobile subscriber:
1. Early bird ticket pricing for selected shows at Urbanscapes which are redeemable via the MyUMobile app.
2. Exclusive U Mobile x Urbanscapes 2017 merchandise while stocks last
3. Grab discounts (RM15 off rides) to key Urbanscapes locations like the Urbanscapes House, KL Live and The Bee in Publika. Customers can redeem two rides daily from 5-21 May to and from each of the three venues via the MyUMobile app.
4. Dedicated U Mobile charging station and photo wall a the event.
5. Redeem F&B U Munchies promos at participating merchants at the venue (also via the MyUMobile app).
For those who prefer a more intimate experience, you have the Upfront concert series that’s held in The Bee, Publika. This year’s first act features international act Oh Wonder, whose tickets actually go on sale today and can be purchased here.
Of course, there are a bunch of goodies for U Mobile subscribers too, including:
1. Early bird ticket prices throughout the sales period (via the MyUMobile app).
2. RM15 off Grab rides to and from The Bee, Publika on event day (via the MyUMobile app).
3. Dedicated U Mobile charging station and photo wall.
4. Redeem F&B U Munchies promos wherever there is a U Munchies sign in The Bee, Publika (redeemable via the MyUMobile app).
Yet another awesome festival that comes to you this year from The Ranch, Gohtong Jaya on the 12th and 13th of August 2017. Featuring acts like Phoenix, G-Eazy, Kodaline, The Kooks, Dua Lipa plus a whole bunch of local acts, it’s one you probably won’t want to miss.
Much like the other festivals, U Mobile Subscribers will stand a chance to take part in exclusive ticket giveaways, get special U Mobile prices for festival tickets plus backstage passes to meet and greet the performing artists!
I think Ed Sheeran isn’t someone who needs much introduction. This singer-songwriter has taken the world by storm and following his latest album, Divide, Ed will be making his way to Kuala Lumpur for the second time.
Unfortunately, U Mobile hasn’t released any details on what goodies U Mobile subscribers will get for this particular show but you can keep it locked to U Mobile’s website for the release of those details later in June.
These music sponsorships come following the good feedback and success U Mobile has received from their music streaming service Music-Onz. Now, the telco wants to engage with their customers on a more personal level, hence the concerts.
For me, probably the best parts about U Mobile’s extra goodies are the Grab discounts and promotional ticket pricing. If you’ve ever been to events, you will know that parking is almost always a nightmare, so ride sharing is definitely a good thing. Oh and of course you’ve got the backstage passes which can be pretty awesome too.
|Digital Life, News|
|Clean Bandit, concert, Ed Sheeran, Ed Sheeran live in KL, Ed Sheeran Malaysia, Good Vibes Fest Malaysia, Good Vibes Festival 2017, Kodaline, Malaysia, Mew Malaysia, Music-Onz, Oh Wonder Malaysia, The Kooks, U Mobile, U Mobile concert, U Mobile music, U Mobile Unlimited Ideas, Upfront, Upfront Malaysia, Upfront MY, Urbanscapes 2017, Urbanscapes Malaysia|