When Nokia announced their new Nokia E6 business phone and Nokia X7 entertainment device, they have also revealed Symbian Anna which was formerly known as PR2 update for Symbian^3. The new Symbian Anna comes with a number of key enhancements as follow:
- New icons, appear more rounded
- Improved touch screen keyboard for better typing and QWERTY in potrait mode
- Improved Ovi maps with check-in support for Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare
- Improved Ovi store with increased download limit for WLAN
- Improved Social app
- Enhanced Browser with touch UI improvements and URL bar. Responsiveness and navigations are improved
Nokia has mentioned that Symbian Anna will be available for existing Symbian^3 devices such as Nokia N8, C6-01, Nokia E7 and C7 in the coming months but no dates were given.
For more information, head to Nokia’s Conversation blog here.
Check out more screenshots and introductory video of Symbian Anna after the break