By Alexander Wong | 23 Comments
Finally, the moment we’ve been waiting for! Sony Ericsson has announced via its blog that it will start rolling out Android 2.1 update for its Android line up which includes Xperia X10, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro. The latest X8 was strangely left out as it wasn’t mentioned in the latest update.
Among the changes are:
• HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
• New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
• 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
• Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
• Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
• New backup and restore application with extended content back up
• Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
• Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1
The updates will start this Sunday 31st October for the Nordic countries followed by the rest of the world. The whole upgrade exercise is expected to continue throughout the month of November so for those in Malaysia, just keep an eye on your phone’s notification in the coming weeks.
Although this it not Android 2.2 Froyo, at least Sony Ericsson is finally out from the legacy Android 1.6 version.
[ SOURCE ]